Preaload Image

Visa Information for USA

Though there are three different types of visas that are extended to the students’ category, the F visa is applicable to the students who intend on going for a full term course in colleges approved by the Department of  Homeland Security.

While F-1 visa is for the student, F-2 visa is issued for the student’s spouse/child, who can accompany the student but cannot seek employment in the US. A candidate for F visa must be able to establish the following:

  • Have a residence abroad that one doesn’t intend on abandoning
  • Present form I-20 A-B (also an electronic version of the same through SEVIS) that authenticates acceptance of the student at the DHS approved college.
  • Proof of SEVIS I-901 fee payment
  • Sufficient knowledge of English